McDonald’s Canada sent us a few complimentary passes to try their new McCafé Real Fruit Smoothies. Currently, they come in three tempting flavours: Strawberry-Banana, Mango-Pineapple and Blueberry-Pomegranate. “Made with real fruit purée, low-fat yogurt and blended ice – McDonald’s is bringing delicious and refreshing smoothies to the Canadian mainstream with the quality, convenience and value only McDonald’s can provide.” We were intrigued…could these blended beverages from a fast food joint be any good? We decided to check ’em out and tasted all three: The Mango-Pineapple and Blueberry-Pomegranate (pictured above) we ordered from McDonald’s in beautiful Sidney by the Sea and the Strawberry-Banana smoothie from the location down the highway a bit in Saanichton. The verdict? We were pleasantly surprised. These smoothies are not overly sweet and Jamba-smooth–you know that creamy, silky consistency that only a state-of-the-art blender, like Blendtec or Vitamix (we prefer the former), can create. We reckon they’re well-priced smoothies if you’re in a pinch for something quick.
McCafé Real Fruit Smoothies At McDonald’s
on June 4, 2012 in Breakfast
About Taya & GaryGary and Taya Ng are the Founders of Eating In Vancouver & the World. This husband and wife team search for the best dining experiences - including restaurant launches, new menu tastings and culinary events. Learn more about the couple here and connect with them on Twitter and Facebook.
- Glowbal Is Back And Better Than Ever August 13, 2015
- Beach Bay Café and Patio Now Serving Up Sunday Brunch August 5, 2015
- Beloved Victoria Macaron Patisserie set to open in Vancouver August 4, 2015
- Triple Threat Superfood – PRANA ProactivCHIA August 1, 2015
- Glowbal Group Launches New ‘Nosh’ Eatery & Pâtisserie July 2, 2015
- 5-Course Longtable Dinners on Whistler’s Best Patio June 18, 2015
- Beach Bay Café and Patio in Vancouver’s West End June 16, 2015
- Vancouver’s 4th Annual Food Cart Fest June 10, 2015
America baked goods bakery BC Breakfast British Columbia Brunch Burgers Cafe Chinese coffee coffee shop dessert desserts downtown espresso event Fairview French Hawaii Hotel Japanese Kitsilano lunch macarons Mexican Organic pastries Pizza Richmond sandwiches Seafood Sidney slider Sushi U.S. U.S.A. United States US USA Vancouver Vancouver Island Victoria Vietnamese West Broadway