McDonald’s Canada sent us a few complimentary passes to try their new McCafé Real Fruit Smoothies. Currently, they come in three tempting flavours: Strawberry-Banana, Mango-Pineapple and Blueberry-Pomegranate. “Made with real fruit purée, low-fat yogurt and blended ice – McDonald’s is bringing delicious and refreshing smoothies to the Canadian mainstream with the quality, convenience and value only McDonald’s can provide.” We were intrigued…could these blended beverages from a fast food joint be any good? We decided to check ’em out and tasted all three: The Mango-Pineapple and Blueberry-Pomegranate (pictured above) we ordered from McDonald’s in beautiful Sidney by the Sea and the Strawberry-Banana smoothie from the location down the highway a bit in Saanichton. The verdict? We were pleasantly surprised. These smoothies are not overly sweet and Jamba-smooth–you know that creamy, silky consistency that only a state-of-the-art blender, like Blendtec or Vitamix (we prefer the former), can create. We reckon they’re well-priced smoothies if you’re in a pinch for something quick.
McCafé Real Fruit Smoothies At McDonald’s
About Taya & Gary
Gary and Taya Ng are the Founders of Eating In Vancouver & the World. This husband and wife team search for the best dining experiences – including restaurant launches, new menu tastings and culinary events. Learn more about the couple here and connect with them on Twitter and Facebook.
- Ancora Opens For Weekday Lunch & Sunday Brunch April 18, 2016
- Vancouver’s Ancora Waterfront Dining & Patio Named Among Canada’s 100 Best Restaurants April 16, 2016
- Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria named amongst Best Pizza in the World by Condé Nast Traveler April 12, 2016
- Mother’s Day Brunch at Glowbal & COAST Restaurants April 8, 2016
- Glowbal Is Back And Better Than Ever August 13, 2015
- Beach Bay Café and Patio Now Serving Up Sunday Brunch August 5, 2015
- Beloved Victoria Macaron Patisserie set to open in Vancouver August 4, 2015
- Triple Threat Superfood – PRANA ProactivCHIA August 1, 2015